Saved County Taxpayers by Attracting External Financial Resources
- Obtained $4 million in private investment to modernize The Groves Apartments (formerly Parkside Apartments) in Cottage Grove.
- Received grants from state and federal agencies to install grab bars at senior properties ($62,000) and build a storm shelter at John Jergens Estates in Forest Lake ($113,000).
Maintained Housing Stability for County Residents
- Provided $190,000 in grants and loans to help 17 Washington County households with failing septic systems.
- Worked with homeowners to successfully avert 124 foreclosures.
- Served 536 households with rental assistance programs.
Created Additional Workforce and Senior Housing Investment
- Over $15 million provided through loans to first-time homebuyers and those of moderate income looking to refinance or buy their next home.
- Acquired and rehabilitated three single-family homes through the Two Rivers Community Land Trust.
- Completed financing plan to begin construction on Piccadilly Square in Mahtomedi, which will begin in 2015 and create 79 units of affordable senior housing.
Improve HRA Assets and Operations
- Completed $1.6 million in capital improvements at HRA properties.
- At the request of Washington County, accepted responsibility of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership programs and the Continuum of Care program that works to reduce homelessness.
- Overhauled and modernized the HRA website, making it more usable for residents and improving its overall effectiveness.
- Adopted a smoke-free policy at HRA properties to better preserve taxpayer investment in affordable housing.